Built on ASU’s new web standards
Our newly revamped sustainability website incorporates many improvements:
Improved User Experience
- Navigation is streamlined so visitors can browse and find things much easier.
- Layout is modular so that content is easily added or adjusted whithout major navigation changes.
- Provides visitors with a portal into all things Sustainability@ASU.
- Includes a new Expert Search function that can search for expertize or people.
- Expert Search is now “business skills ready” as per the Town Hall suggestion.
- ASU Sustainability initiatives are more prominately showcased including Prospectus, Operations, 2014 Highlights, etc.
- Site navigation is flattened so that pages are not buried deep in the site.
- Site has been “cleaned” to remove underused and out of date content.
Enhanced Web Presence
- Code is more easily read by Google and other web crawlers that index websites.
- Site-maps are automatically created for uploading into search engines.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is prioritized and more easily incorporated.
- New sub-site structure will allow smaller project/research websites to benefit from main site SEO.
- Site is now ASU web standards compliant.
- Site is now responsive i.e. mobile/tablet friendly.
- Now powered by a content management system, which reduces the training requirements for staff members who manage content.
- New front-end editor also reduces the skills levels required for content managers.
- The new Expert Search function can be shared across multiple GIOS affiliated sites.
- New Events and News functions can be shared across multiple GIOS affiliated sites, and tailored site by site.
- SEO plug-in advises content managers on SEO choices.