Prize package includes
The WE Empower UN SDG Challenge Regional Awardees will receive an all expenses paid trip to New York to participate in special events during the UN Global Goals Week (September 22-29, 2019)
- All flights, accommodations and incidentals while in New York.
- A special curated week-long agenda in New York with individualized trainings, high level dialogues at the UN, and coaching on communications and speech prep in preparation for the pitch evening night.
- Participation in an evening event hosted by Diane von Furstenberg that brings together top business leaders, celebrities and the media for a dynamic pitch competition where each Regional Awardee presents her business to pitch for a $40,000 cash grant.
- Attendance at a high-level dialogue with senior UN Officials, the Council of Women World Leaders and the Women Political Leaders Global Forum
- Featured as speakers in a panel discussion at an intimate high-level dinner reception hosted by the G5 Collective and Vital Voices. The G5 Collective is a coalition of high-level leaders across sectors all dedicated to jump-starting progress around UN SDG Goal #5 and the women related targets across the other 16 Goals.
- Participation in Global Citizen week events including attending the Global Citizen Festival in Central Park on Saturday.
- Invitation to the UN Private Sector Forum which will be held during the UN Secretary General’s Climate Summit on 23 September.
For each Regional Awardee, there may be opportunity to be reimbursed for a portion of travel related expenses associated with one of the following activities up to $1,000 per awardee.
Provided by: Alice
- Each Regional Awardee will receive one free ticket to the Circular Summit for female founders (travel and accommodations not included) plus virtual mentor office hours.
- Each Regional Awardee will receive virtual mentoring in business entrepreneurial skills.
- Each Regional Awardee will receive a SolarSPELL device. SolarSPELL is a solar powered digital library that can be loaded with various content.
- Each Regional Awardee will receive access to specialized portal hosting Freeport-McMoRan’s DreamBuilder: The Women’s Business Creator program. DreamBuilder is an online business training program that helps women start or grow their own businesses. Fourteen (14) interactive courses include access to tools and templates to use in their own ventures including an innovative Business Plan Generator.
Provided by: Atal Innovation Mission
- Each Regional Awardee will receive a specialist accelerator module to help access markets in India. This is a three to six (3-6) months module that includes access to workspace, educational resources and workshops; and connections to mentors via Atal Innovation Mission’s partnerships worldwide.
Provided By: Crowd Machine
- Each Regional Awardee will receive introductory training on Blockchain and distributed apps during the week in NY, access to the Crowd Machine Studio and will be appointed a mentor as a guide for online tutorial to develop their own app.
Provided by: GroYourBiz/Excelerate
- Each Regional Awardee will receive a special facilitated virtual advisory board membership to help build a cohort and peer learning through support. This includes member specific program content, training (expertise from top presenters, practical solutions to business challenges etc.) and advisory services (B2B cross marketing for new clients and markets, and an informal Board of Directors MyBusinessMyBoard™ etc.)
Provided by: International Leadership Association
- Each Regional Awardee will receive an International Leadership Association (ILA) leadership mentor, attend and present at one of the ILA’s topical, regional or global conferences. (Registration waived; travel and accommodations are not included.)
Provided By: Said Business School and Skoll Center for Social Entrepreneurship, University of Oxford
- A selected Regional Awardee will receive a scholarship to the Oxford Women Transforming Leadership course. (Travel and accommodations are not included).
Provided by: Sparknews
- Each Regional Awardee will receive an invite to the Positive Innovation Club during the week in NY and organize a media/communication training session and social innovation dialogue.
Provided by: Council of Women World Leaders
- Regional Awardee to participate in a High-Level Dialogue with senior UN officials while in New York.
Provided By: UN Global Compact
- Convened by the Secretary-General, the UN Private Sector Forum will bring together leaders from business, government, the UN and civil society to explore how the private sector can best work with other stakeholders to scale up progress on the Global Goals and secure a more peaceful and prosperous world.
- Each Regional Awardee will receive a special presentation session of the Women’s Empowerment Principles (WEP) Gender Gap Analysis Tool. An interactive session with senior staff at the UN Global Compact during the week in New York featuring initial findings from the WEPs Gender Gap Analysis Tool and a discussion on the future of sustainable business.
Provided by: UN Women
Each Regional Awardee will have their stories and experiences showcased on digital platforms:
- iLearn platform – a global mobile learning platform where women entrepreneurs share with stakeholders around the globe the decisions that led to their success and struggles.
- Empower Women Organizational Hub – companies can connect with organizations and companies that share our values on women’s economic empowerment.
- Empower Women #HerStory Campaign – highlighting ways in which women’s history has always existed, because through women’s history, we can continue to be inspired by powerful legacies.
- Empower Women #BreakTheGlass Campaign – digital storytelling campaign that focuses on inspiring women (and men) to break the glass ceiling.