Sustainability Within Society in London

austin-ogden

Sustainability Within Society in London

Our stay in London was amazing! Waking up and getting to go to a prestigious museum every day to learn about sustainability within society is something I will always remember. As a team, my group and I went to Tate Modern, At-Bristol, the National Portrait Gallery, the London Science museum, and The Natural History Museum.

London_Austin OgdenWe also went on our own adventures to places such as The Crystal, which is one of the most sustainable buildings in the world, Tower Bridge and Big Ben. While we were here we conducted an ethnography on social behavior and how sustainability was implemented into these spaces socially, economically and environmentally. Besides our time working on this project, we got to explore London and experience as much as we could.

London_BeatlesAs you can see above, four of us went to Abbey Road and recreated the Beatles picture (matching color and order). We also visited Hard Rock Cafe, London and got to see their museum (we got to sit in a couch that was in Jimi Hendrix’s living room!).

London_Hard Rock Cafe_Hendrix couchOne last thing I’d like to mention is how impressed I am with how sustainable a cafe called Pret A Manger is. Not only do they make their food from local sources, but at the end of each day they donate all of their leftover premade food to the hungry. This is such an amazing thing and helps thousands.

London_sustainable cafe