Ecuador: Cuenca- I love you!

image9

Ecuador: Cuenca- I love you!

Hello beautiful surroundings! I’m currently lounging at a hot springs spa; enjoying some fresh cut fries, and beautiful company. The stars are so vivid against the sky that they seem bright enough to light up the mountain tops. The moon tonight is the most perfect crescent shape surrounded by flowing clouds and a jet black sky. It’s a gorgeous night to just lounge around in the warm springs and slip into the music of the water that’s softly radiating outside. The baths are hot and quickly relaxed all of my muscles, making me feel light and free! The sauna was also incredible – diffusing essences of local eucalyptus leaves all throughout the room. My skin feels like its beaming and glowing with a gentle serenity from the waters.

If you ever have the opportunity to bask in the gift of a hot spring please do it- it’s something you absolutely will not regret. There are so many pieces of this country I want to pocket and bring back with me on my travels to the states. Hot baths, cheese empanadas, cheap food, smiling locals, and incredibly breathtaking views. There is a blissful atmosphere that steadily flows through so many of the cities and local peoples hearts here. I wish everyone I love could join me on this happy exploration of the land…maybe one day

Today we visited ceramics workshops, both corporate and small scale. Seeing the process wet clay journeys on until it becomes beautiful, glistening pottery was extraordinary. We visited a little studio filled with incredible pieces and I’m so excited to show my family the sweet treasures I found. We just got back to downtown cuenca and bought some chicken shwarma from a hole in the wall hookah bar across the street from our hotel. It was surprisingly overflowing with flavor and extremely delicious. Seriously hit the most perfect spot ever!  It’s our last night in this beautiful city, tomorrow we venture back to Ambato and finally to the rainforest on the following day. Our hotel we’ve been staying in in Cuenca is one I am sad to be leaving. It’s an old historic building built snug against a beautiful river and pre inca ruins. The hotel is creaky and mahogany filled – old studies and tea rooms lurk around every corner. It has a beautiful interior while simultaneously giving you shivers of ghost type auras. Even adventuring around the hotels many dark hallways and sitting areas has been an event in itself. We still have such an intense and adventurous week awaiting us I cant even wait. I probably won’t be writing again until after we return from the amazon rainforest at the end of this week so I will be sending waves of happy vibes to all my loved ones around the world throughout this week! Buenas noches xo