Spain: So much to see, so little time

Jaclyn Smith

Spain: So much to see, so little time

We’ve made it to Spain, and yes, it is as gorgeous as everyone makes it out to be. Today is a special day for me because I’ve found free time. During our first tour in Madrid, we walked by a park called Buen Retiro. Every inch  was covered in green, there were so many family and way too many tourists. But I instantly thought to myself, “I’m coming back here tomorrow.” and that I did. Currently I’m laying down on the beautiful grass reflecting on this amazing study abroad trip. I have to take it slow and ask myself questions like, “did I really ride a camel through the Sahara Desert and spend the night in a tent?” or “did I really swim in the Mediterranean sea?” or of course, “am I really in Spain right now?” and my answer is hell yah to all of those questions.

I’m so happy I kept a journal and took close to a billion pictures to remember this trip, especially the little things. Like the Moroccan people being some of the most welcoming people I’v ever met, or getting lost in a city for hours, or staying up all night just to watch the sun rise. I’ll never forget those moments, it’d be impossible. We have exactly three days left here in Madrid, and plenty of free time. As you all already know, time is something we haven’t had enough of. I plan to just relax and enjoy this experience and really soak in the rest of this study abroad opportunity. Maybe tomorrow I’ll find a new park, or go on an adventure, either way I’m in Spain and I’m making the most of it. 🙂