We invite you and your family to see the world through the eyes of our teachers, scientists, practitioners and researchers; to reimagine your home, your neighborhood, your community, your business and your life. Join us to celebrate a sustainable future and share in the creation of innovations and ideas that will make that future possible.
Sustainability Solutions Festival
Celebrate Sustainability SolutionsEvery February Arizona becomes the epicenter for sustainability, attracting business leaders, families, students, scientists and artists to the Sustainability Solutions Festival, a week-long series of events that enable you to adopt sustainability solutions and celebrate those who develop them.
Supporting Sustainability Solutions Throughout the YearTo take action for positive change, the support of solutions can’t be limited to a single week. The Sustainability Solutions Festival partners with programs and organizations that support and honor students, creative thinkers, researchers and entrepreneurs at local, national and international competitions and fairs year round. Past award winners include:
- a Canadian high school student who developed an anti-malarial drug using mustard seed oil
- a Phoenix nonprofit turning vacant lots into community gathering places
- an Ohio student who created a process to purify contaminated water in remote villages using charcoal from banana peels
- local entrepreneurs who developed an all-natural anti-lice treatment that keeps kids in school
- a mother-turned-business owner of a safe, kid-friendly toy company that uses 100 percent recycled and natural materials, transforming waste into toys
- a team of Indian students who found an easy, affordable pesticide-detection and removal kit for produce
Support Future Trailblazers
Students, creative thinkers, researchers and entrepreneurs who generate solutions to sustainability challenges are funded and recognized by the Sustainability Solutions Festival at local, national and international fairs and competitions.