Office Computing Services
The Institute provides computing support to all our locations in conjunction with OKED Research Technical Services. This hybrid support arrangment allows us to provide dedicated resources for technology support at Wrigley Hall, while still providing timely support at all other locations. Our local desktop support team will assist you with various requirements including:
- Resolving issues with computer hardware
- Assisting with software requests and installations
- Configuration and ordering of new computer equipment
- Provisioning of Vidyo videoconferencing accounts
Some services may require placing a request with the University Technology Office. Specific services they provide include:
- Issues with e-mail (MS Outlook, Gmail, etc.)
- Provisioning of Dropbox accounts. New employees are not automatically given Dropbox access, so the hiring manager should advise the employee to request an account through UTO as part of the onboarding process.
- Providing access to ASU central systems such as Peoplesoft, STAR, Advantage, etc.
- Networking and phone connectivity issues.
Computers for new hires
When a new employee is hired it is the responsibility of the hiring manager to request a computer suitable for the new employee’s job responsbilities. The initial purchase is made with department funds, but once the machine is included in the Institute inventory, it will be scheduled for periodic replacement as part of the GIOS computer refresh program.
Note: The Institute provides a Dell/Windows computing solution for employees. There are three options:
|Job requirements||Machine type||Normally supplied with||Approximate cost|
|Regular travel and/or frequent working from home||14″ laptop||Docking station, 24″ monitor, wired keyboard and wired mouse.||$1950 +tax|
|Regular travel with need for number pad||15.6″ laptop||Docking station, 24″ monitor, wired keyboard and wired mouse.||$1750 +tax|
|Office based||Desktop unit||24″ monitor, wired keyboard and wired mouse. A webcam and headset can be supplied, if needed.||$1350 +tax|
If you have non-standard computer needs based on research requirements such as modeling, spatial data analysis, programming, etc., please contact us to discuss your requirements. We will be happy to assist you in configuring and ordering a suitable product. We can also connect you with the high performance computing facilities on campus.
We will be happy to assist you with procuring additional technology items that you need to perform your role, including: extra monitors, headsets, webcams, etc. We have some items on hand and we can order others.
Note: if you have existing faulty equipment, please submit a support request (see “Report a computer problem” above). This form is for new requirements only.
Computer Refresh Program
Our computers are normally replaced on a four-year refresh cycle. You do not need to do anything to initiate this process. You will be contacted by the technology team when your machine is due for replacement.
Note: this replacement schedule does not apply to grant funded pruchases, which are replaced at the discretion of the Prinicipal Investigator(s).
Institute Technology Contacts
If you need additional assistance with anything related to office or research computing, please contact a member of our technology team to discuss your requirements.
- Ronald Magadan Jr.
- Systems Support Specialist, Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability
- Philip Tarrant
- Senior Sustainability Scientist, Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability
- Director of Informatics and Technology, Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability
- Instructor, School of Sustainability