AZ5 ReGreen Homes
Jul 23rd, 2009
AZ5 ReGreen Homes are renovated to high‐performing excellence in: 1) energy efficiency; 2) water conservation; 3) lifespan design; 4) healthy interiors; and 5) outdoor thermal comfort. Design, construction, and development standards were established by an advisory team of professional energy and design experts & local residential contractors, builders and landscapers, led by the Stardust Center for Affordable Homes & the Family.
- Energy Efficiency: Increased energy efficiency between 15% and 45% of IECC requirements. Lower range is Energy Star compliant.
- Water Conservation: Reduced water usage between 25% and 40%.
- Lifespan Design: Ranges from minimal visitability standards to optimal universal design standards for designated rooms.
- Healthy Interiors: Improves indoor air quality, controls pollutants, ensures durability, and provides optimal daylighting, as derived from ASID, USGBC & ALA guidelines.
- Outdoor Thermal Comfort: Reduced summer outdoor temperature up to 20% in designated outdoor yard space.