CJ Eisenbarth Hager
- Director of Healthy Community Policies, Vitalyst Health Foundation
- Executive Director, Living Streets Alliance
- Executive Director/CEO, Phoenix Revitalization Corp.
- President/CEO, Ability 360
Jon Ford (moderator)
- Director of Strategic Initiatives, Vitalyst Health Foundation
Transportation systems influence the design and operation of our communities. But whether you’re walking, riding a bike, taking transit, or driving a car, how often do you consider the connection between your mode of transportation and your well-being?
Join us for a conversation to learn how investments in transportation infrastructure and...
Past Stardust Events
The Phoenix metro area suffers from a growing shortage of both affordable and workforce housing. This issue is complicated, multifaceted and often misunderstood. Join us for a robust discussion with panelists who bring a wide and deep knowledge of affordable and workforce housing and the positive impacts that quality housing...
- Chef & Co-Owner of FnB restaurant
Nicolas de la Fuente
- Spaces of Opportunity
- White Mountain Apache People's Farm
- Pinnacle Prevention
Jon Ford (Moderator)
- Vitalyst Health Foundation
Join us in a robust conversation about the connections between health and food. Access to healthy, affordable, culturally appropriate food helps people to live healthy lives and build healthy communities.
This event is in partnership with the Stardust Center for Affordable Homes and the Family, and is co-sponsored by...
- Vitalyst Health Foundation
- Mercy Maricopa Integrated Care
Diana " DeDe" Yazzie Devine
- Native American Connections
Dr. Punam Ohri-Vachaspati
- Professor, School of Nutrition and Health Promotion
Join us for this networking breakfast and panel discussion event about the connections between housing and health in the Valley.
Our health is inextricably tied to where we live. Having access to safe, stable, and affordable homes – particularly in communities with access to mass transit, parks, and healthy food...
For 70 years, there stood a Chicago public housing community known as Cabrini Green.
Home to thousands, misunderstood by millions, Cabrini Green once towered over Chicago’s most valuable neighborhoods. A looming reminder of inequality and poverty, Cabrini’s high-rises were demolished and an African-American community cleared to make room for another social...
- CEO of Habitat for Humanity International
Jonathan Reckford is currently the CEO of Habitat for Humanity International. He has spent much of his career in the for-profit sector before accepting his dream job at Habitat for Humanity. Deeply committed to helping the world’s poor, Reckford was named the most influential nonprofit leader in America in...
Citizen Jane is a timely tale of what can happen when engaged citizens fight the power for the sake of a better world. Arguably no one did more to shape our understanding of the modern American city than Jane Jacobs, the visionary activist, and writer who fought to preserve urban...
- Senior Sustainability Scientist, Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability
- Assistant Professor in the School of Sustainability
- Associate Professor, School of Geographical Sciences and Urban Planning
- Executive Director of Arizona Housing Coalition
- Senior Sustainability Scholar, Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability
- Assistant Professor in the School of Geographical Sciences and Urban Planning
In this talk, experts Scott Cloutier, Deirdre Pfeiffer, Val Iverson and Meagan Ehlenz will offer insights and unravel myths on affordable housing in Arizona. The conversation will touch on the interlinkages between affordable housing, wellbeing, happiness, community and connection. Following the discussion,...
- Sustainability Consultant & Partner at BetR-blok, LLC
- Assistant Professor, School of Sustainability
- Assistant Professor, School of Geographical Sciences and Urban Planning, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Associate Professor, School of Public Affairs, College of Public Service & Community Solutions
In this talk, Christopher Frettoloso will introduce BetR-Blok, LLC, an alternative building material that is affordable and sustainable, as well discuss the benefits and barriers for industry acceptance. In addition, experts Scott Cloutier, Deirdre Pfeiffer, and Joanna Lucio will offer...
- CEO, McLennan Design
Jason McLennan is one of the most influential individuals in the green-building movement. Recipient of the Buckminster Fuller Prize, McLennan is founder and chairman of the International Living Future Institute. He also created The Living Building Challenge – a stringent and progressive green-building program...
- Assistant Research Professor, Walton Sustainability Solutions Initiatives
Dr. Scott Cloutier, his research team and ASU students will work closely with Phoenix metropolitan area residents to identify how their neighborhoods contribute to their happiness. Discussions will also include strategies to promote greater opportunities for happiness in local neighborhoods and methods to organize around these efforts. The goal is...
- Institute for Transportation and Development Policy
- Former Mayor
- Bogotá, Colombia
An accomplished public official and "new urbanist," Enrique Peñalosa developed a model for urban improvement based on the equal rights of all people to transportation, education, and public spaces. While mayor of Bogotá, his sustainability initiatives gave priority to children and public spaces, building hundreds of sidewalks, bicycle paths, pedestrian...
All content of events presented at Arizona State University is protected by © Copyright Arizona Board of Regents. Video and/or audio recording or rebroadcasting of our events by anyone without express prior written permission is prohibited. If you obtain prior permission to record or rebroadcast an event, you must provide us, no later than 24 hours prior to the event, copies of signed photo/audio releases from all of the presenters and/or individuals who will be recorded at the event. Failure to do so will result in a revocation of any permission to record or rebroadcast the event.
Please plan to request permission to record well in advance of the event so that you have time to get your release forms signed and submitted to us no later than 24 hours prior to the event.
To request permission to record an event, please contact our Events Team at email@example.com or 480-965-8840.