- Executive VP, Bridge Housing
Join us for the last of four workshops on creating and preserving affordable and workforce housing. Led by Silvia Urrutia, co-founder of the Arizona Housing Alliance, this high-level, interactive series brings together public and private entities to discuss challenges, highlight best practices, encourage innovation, and disseminate vital information to impact...
- Arizona Market President, Gorman & Company, LLC
- Deputy Director, Newtown Community Development Corporation
Join us for the third of four workshops on creating and preserving affordable and workforce housing in your city. Led by Silvia Urrutia, co-founder of the Arizona Housing Alliance, this high-level, interactive series brings together public and private entities to discuss challenges, highlight best practices, encourage innovation, and disseminate vital...
- Executive Director, Housing Authority of Maricopa County
Gloria Muñoz brings over 38 years of experience in program design, public/private financing, real-estate acquisition/management to develop, operate, and provide services for people experiencing housing issues. She is passionate about creating housing solutions because of her own early childhood experiences.
In this talk, Muñoz will discuss her life's work...
CJ Eisenbarth Hager
- Director of Healthy Community Policies, Vitalyst Health Foundation
- Executive Director, Living Streets Alliance
- Executive Director/CEO, Phoenix Revitalization Corp.
- President/CEO, Ability 360
Jon Ford (moderator)
- Director of Strategic Initiatives, Vitalyst Health Foundation
Transportation systems influence the design and operation of our communities. But whether you’re walking, riding a bike, taking transit, or driving a car, how often do you consider the connection between your mode of transportation and your well-being?
Join us for a conversation to learn how investments in transportation infrastructure and...
Join us for the second of four workshops on creating and preserving affordable and workforce housing in your city. Led by Silvia Urrutia, co-founder of the Arizona Housing Alliance, this high-level, interactive series brings together public and private entities to discuss challenges, highlight best practices, encourage innovation, and disseminate vital...
ASU’s Stardust Center for Affordable Housing and the Family invites you to participate in a free, four-session series of workshops on creating and preserving affordable and workforce housing in your city. These capacity-building workshops will be led by the noted Silvia Urrutia of U Developing LLC, former director of Housing...
The Phoenix metro area suffers from a growing shortage of both affordable and workforce housing. This issue is complicated, multifaceted and often misunderstood. Join us for a robust discussion with panelists who bring a wide and deep knowledge of affordable and workforce housing and the positive impacts that quality housing...
- Chef & Co-Owner of FnB restaurant
Nicolas de la Fuente
- Spaces of Opportunity
- White Mountain Apache People's Farm
- Pinnacle Prevention
Jon Ford (Moderator)
- Vitalyst Health Foundation
Join us in a robust conversation about the connections between health and food. Access to healthy, affordable, culturally appropriate food helps people to live healthy lives and build healthy communities.
This event is in partnership with the Stardust Center for Affordable Homes and the Family, and is co-sponsored by...
- Vitalyst Health Foundation
- Mercy Maricopa Integrated Care
Diana " DeDe" Yazzie Devine
- Native American Connections
Dr. Punam Ohri-Vachaspati
- Professor, School of Nutrition and Health Promotion
Join us for this networking breakfast and panel discussion event about the connections between housing and health in the Valley.
Our health is inextricably tied to where we live. Having access to safe, stable, and affordable homes – particularly in communities with access to mass transit, parks, and healthy food...
For 70 years, there stood a Chicago public housing community known as Cabrini Green.
Home to thousands, misunderstood by millions, Cabrini Green once towered over Chicago’s most valuable neighborhoods. A looming reminder of inequality and poverty, Cabrini’s high-rises were demolished and an African-American community cleared to make room for another social...
- CEO of Habitat for Humanity International
Jonathan Reckford is currently the CEO of Habitat for Humanity International. He has spent much of his career in the for-profit sector before accepting his dream job at Habitat for Humanity. Deeply committed to helping the world’s poor, Reckford was named the most influential nonprofit leader in America in...
Citizen Jane is a timely tale of what can happen when engaged citizens fight the power for the sake of a better world. Arguably no one did more to shape our understanding of the modern American city than Jane Jacobs, the visionary activist, and writer who fought to preserve urban...
- Senior Sustainability Scientist, Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability
- Assistant Professor in the School of Sustainability
- Associate Professor, School of Geographical Sciences and Urban Planning
- Executive Director of Arizona Housing Coalition
- Senior Sustainability Scholar, Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability
- Assistant Professor in the School of Geographical Sciences and Urban Planning
In this talk, experts Scott Cloutier, Deirdre Pfeiffer, Val Iverson and Meagan Ehlenz will offer insights and unravel myths on affordable housing in Arizona. The conversation will touch on the interlinkages between affordable housing, wellbeing, happiness, community and connection. Following the discussion,...
- Sustainability Consultant & Partner at BetR-blok, LLC
- Assistant Professor, School of Sustainability
- Assistant Professor, School of Geographical Sciences and Urban Planning, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Associate Professor, School of Public Affairs, College of Public Service & Community Solutions
In this talk, Christopher Frettoloso will introduce BetR-Blok, LLC, an alternative building material that is affordable and sustainable, as well discuss the benefits and barriers for industry acceptance. In addition, experts Scott Cloutier, Deirdre Pfeiffer, and Joanna Lucio will offer...
- CEO, McLennan Design
Jason McLennan is one of the most influential individuals in the green-building movement. Recipient of the Buckminster Fuller Prize, McLennan is founder and chairman of the International Living Future Institute. He also created The Living Building Challenge – a stringent and progressive green-building program...