The Sustainable Purchasing Research Initiative is a cross-university collaboration between researchers in ASU’s School of Sustainability, the Global Institute of Sustainability, the School of Public Affairs, the Center for Organization Research and Design and faculty in other ASU units.
SPRI’s mission is to produce actionable transdisciplinary research on sustainable purchasing. It does so through investigation, collaboration, outreach, and education.
SPRI is committed to being a leading authority for research insights and knowledge about sustainable purchasing globally.
Our Core Values
SPRI operates according to five core values:
- Results – SPRI strives to produce work that leads to better decisions.
- Rigor – SPRI adheres to the highest scientific and professional standards.
- Relevance – SPRI is imbedded within the community of practice.
- Accessibility – SPRI makes its findings publicly widely available and applicable to multiple audiences.
- Independence – SPRI is a nonadvocacy organization.
SPRI is grateful for the generous support that it has received from the V. Kann Rasmussen Foundation, the Social Science Research Council, the Global Consortium for Sustainability Outcomes, ASU’s School of Public Affairs, ASU’s Center for Organization Research and Design, ASU’s School of Sustainability, and ASU’s Global Institute of Sustainability.