- Associate Dean, Office of the Dean, College of Education, California State University-Long Beach
- Professor of Special Education, College of Education, California State University-Long Beach
Shireen Pavri, Ph.D. is a professor of special education at California State University, Long Beach. Dr. Pavri brings an international perspective having taught in cross categorical and multilingual special education programs, and provided remedial and consultation services to students with learning disabilities and their families in Mumbai, India. She earned her Masters and Education Specialist degrees in school psychology from Miami University in Ohio, and her Ph.D. in Special Education from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Dr. Pavri’s expertise and research interests are in the areas of preparing teachers to facilitate the social and emotional functioning of students with disabilities, the effective assessment of students from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and response to intervention models.
- PhD, University of Illinois-Urbana-Champaign, 1999
- EdS, School Psychology, Miami University, Ohio, 1995
- MS, School Psychology, Miami University, Ohio, 1993
- MEd, Special Education, SNDT Women's University, Mumbai, India, 1992