Founding Partner, Creating Eudaimonia Inc.
School of Sustainability
Arizona State University
PO Box 875502
Tempe, AZ 85287-5502
- Instructor, School of Sustainability
- Founding Partner, Creating Eudaimonia Inc.
Rosalynn Peschl is the founding partner of Creating Eudaimonia (CE), a boutique capacity-building firm that works with small and medium-sized businesses and start ups, largely in the agriculture & agri-processing industry. Over the past six years, CE has worked with dozens of businesses to develop strategic plans, expand their competitive advantage, develop the leadership capacities required to be successful, and to implement the procedures necessary to become “investment-ready” for start up and growth. CE brings a sustainability & innovation lens to all of its clients & partners, embedding sustainability into the culture & business model as a competitive advantage.
Prior to founding CE, Rosalynn mentored under serial entrepreneur, Mogens Smed, at DIRTT Environmental Solutions as a project manager for three years. DIRTT has been recognized numerous times for their innovation, entrepreneurial culture and success as a small and very quickly growing business. DIRTT is an excellent case study for the business case for sustainability, embedding it throughout the culture and decisions, setting DIRTT significantly apart from its competitors. Rosalynn took the lessons she learned from DIRTT and embedded them into her purchase of a struggling yoga studio and spa, on the verge of bankruptcy. In her time as owner, she focused on implementing sound business practices, incorporating sustainability throughout and developing an entrepreneurial culture. As a result, in just the first nine months, she doubled the revenue, tripled the staff, welcomed 2000+ new clients through the door, became the first B Corp certified spa & yoga studio in the world, won awards for growth, sustainability and success as a small business.
Currently, Rosalynn holds two teaching positions, one at the University of Calgary in Entrepreneurship & Innovation and the second at Arizona State University in Sustainability Strategy. Rosalynn holds a Bachelor of Commerce in Entrepreneurship & Innovation from the University of Calgary, an Executive Masters in Sustainability & Leadership from Arizona State University and was recognized as a Canada-wide, Clean50 Emerging Leader in 2015.
- EMSL, Sustainability Leadership, Arizona State University, 2015
- Certificate, Community Economic Development, Simon Fraser University, 2014
- Level 2 Sustainability, Sustainability Application and Practice, Sustainability Studies, The Natural Step, 2012
- Level 1 Sustainability, Foundations in Strategy, Sustainability Studies, The Natural Step, 2012
- Certificate, Corporate Social Responsibility, Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment, 2011
- BCEI, Commerce, Entrepreneurship & Innovation, University of Calgary, 2010