- Professor and Associate Chairperson, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics, Michigan State University
Dr. Horan is appointed in the tenure system at Michigan State University, and teaches natural resource economics. His research interests are in the areas of environmental and natural resource economics management and policy design. In particular, he concentrates on understanding feedbacks between economic and ecological systems and how these affect management opportunities. Rick has served as Editor of Resource and Energy Economics (2010–13), and as an Associate Editor of the American Journal of Agricultural Economics (2008-11) and Natural Resource Modeling (2007-08).
- PhD, Pennsylvania State University
- MA, Pennsylvania State University
- BS, Appalachian State University
- BSBA, Appalachian State University
Perrings, C., C. Castillo-Chavez, G. Chowell, P. Daszak, E. P. Fenichel, D. Finnoff, R. D. Horan, A. M. Kilpatrick, A. P. Kinzig, N. V. Kuminoff, S. Levin, B. Morin, K. F. Smith and M. Springborn. 2014. Merging economics and epidemiology to improve the prediction and management of infectious disease. EcoHealth 11(4):464-475. DOI: 10.1007/s10393-014-0963-6. (link )