- Professor, School of Electrical, Computer and Energy Engineering, Ira A Fulton Schools of Engineering
Rajapandian Ayyanar joined the Arizona State University faculty as an assistant professor in August 2000. He received a BE in electrical engineering from P.S.G. College of Technology, India in 1989, an MS in power electronics from the Indian Institute of Science in 1995, and a PhD in power electronics from the University of Minnesota in 2000. He has published over 70 journal and conference papers in the area of power electronics and renewable energy integration, and he holds two U.S. patents. Professor Ayyanar was awarded the ONR Young Investigator Award in 2005.
- PhD, Power Electronics, University of Minnesota, 2000
- MS, Power Electronics, Indian Institute of Science, 1995
- BE, Electrical Engineering, P.S.G. College of Technology, India, 1989
- control techniques
- switch-mode power conversion power system applications of power and energy systems