Associate Lecturer, Energy Economics and Law, University of Ibadan
- EMSL, 2015
- Associate Lecturer, Energy Economics and Law, University of Ibadan
- Director, Resource Innovation and Solutions Network Nigeria, Sustainability Schools Lagos
- Research Fellow, Centre for Public Policy Alternatives, Lagos, Nigeria
Dr. Olufemi Olarewaju is co-promoter of the Sustainability School, Lagos, and leader of its Sustainability Solutions Practice. Dr. Olarewaju is also Research Fellow at the Centre for Public Policy Alternatives (CPPA), a think-tank based in Lagos, Nigeria. He is involved with all aspects of the day-to-day activities of both organizations.
Capstone: Resource Innovation and Solutions Network Nigeria (RISN-N): Towards Building Local Capacity to Transform Solid Waste Management to Circular Materials Management
The Sustainability School Lagos (SSL) through a collaboration with ASU’s Walton Sustainability Solutions Initiative (WSSI), is taking the lead to address waste and resource challenges in Lagos and Nigeria by driving to establish RISN Nigeria. RISN is a partnership of WSSI and the City of Phoenix’s “Reimagine Phoenix” initiative. RISN-N is the first international hub of RISN.
This Capstone project provides actionable pathways to the realization of the goal of capacitating RISN Nigeria through the following key steps; a description of what the challenges are, a description of what a successful RISN Nigeria will mean for Lagos and for Nigeria, an analysis of the journey thus far, an analysis of future initiatives, and a summary.
- EMSL, Sustainability Leadership, Arizona State University, 2015
- PhD, Public Affairs, University of Texas-Dallas, 2011
- MS, Information Systems Auditing, California Polytechnic University-Pomona, 2003
- BS, Applied Geophysics, Obafemi Awolowo University, 1989