- Associate Professor, School of Geographical Sciences and Urban Planning
- Planning Program Director, School of Geographical Sciences and Urban Planning
Dr. Ellin directs the Urban + Metropolitan Studies Program at ASU. Her interests include urban sustainability, revitalization, and placemaking. Recently, she has examined strategies for building liveable neighborhoods in Phoenix, and the city’s emergence as a creative center. She has initiated a project called Canal Villages that will create vital urban hubs throughout metropolitan Phoenix where canals meet major arteries, and will teach a workshop on the topic in Spring 2009. She writes urban design columns for the Arizona Republic and consults on issues related to urban revitalization. Dr. Ellin teaches courses on urbanism and the culture of place.
Select PublicationsSee CV at: http://spa.asu.edu/faculty/PDF/EllinCV.pdf
- MPhil, Urban Planning, Columbia University, 1994
- PhD, Urban Planning, Columbia University, 1994
- MA, Anthropology, Columbia University, 1983
- BA, Anthropology and Hispanic Studies, Bryn Mawr College, 1981