- Regents' Professor, Geography, University of North Texas
Miguel F. Acevedo is a Regents Professor in the Electrical Engineering Department, with a joint appointment to the Department of Geography, and member of the Institute of Applied Sciences (Graduate Program in Environmental Sciences). His main affiliation was with the Geography department from 1992-2007, achieving the distinction of Regents Professor in 2006, and the Citation for Distinguished Service to International Education in 2007.
- PhD, Biophysics, University of California-Berkeley, 1980
- ME, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, University of California-Berkeley, 1978
- MS, Electrical Engineering, University of Texas-Austin, 1972
- BS, Electrical Engineering, University of Texas-Austin, 1971
Barton, C. M., I. I. Ullah, S. M. Bergin, H. Sarjoughian, G. R. Mayer, J. Bernabeu Auban, A. Heimsath, M. F. Acevedo, J. Riel-Salvatore and J. R. Arrowsmith. 2016. Experimental socioecology:Integrative science for anthropocene landscape dynamics. Anthropocene 13(Mar):34-45. DOI: 10.1016/j.ancene.2015.12.004. (link )