- Senior Sustainability Scientist, Global Institute of Sustainability and Innovation
- Assistant Professor, School of Sustainable Engineering and the Built Environment, Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering
David Grau (“au” pronounced like “ow” in allow) graduated with both an MS and a PhD in Civil, Architectural, and Environmental Engineering from The University of Texas at Austin, and with an Industrial Engineering degree from the Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya. Previous to his affiliation with ASU, he taught at The University of Alabama as an Assistant Professor for four years. During his academic career, he has been the recipient of numerous teaching and research awards, including the Distinguished Professor Award by the Construction Industry Institute and the Celebration of Engineering & Technology Innovation (CETI) award by FIATECH. Complementing his academic career, he has worked in the private industry for more than ten years inclusive of positions such as program manager for heavy industrial projects and director of a large engineering design department. He has led large interdisciplinary and multicultural teams to deliver numerous capital projects in South America, Africa, and Europe. Dr. Grau is a member of ASCE and ASEE professional societies and holds a professional license as Industrial Engineer in Spain.
- PhD, Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering, University of Texas-Austin, 2008
- MS, Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering, University of Texas at Austin, 2004
- Industrial Engineer, Engineering, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, 1995