- Associate Vice Provost for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Education
- Professor, College of Technology and Innovation
- Director, Practice, Research and Innovation in Mathematics Education (PRIME) Center
Prior to joining ASU in October 2007, Carole Greenes was Professor of Mathematics Education at Boston University. In the University's School of Education, she held academic and administrative positions of increasing responsibility. She served as Assistant Dean for the Boston University-Chelsea Partnership Project, Dean of Overseas Programs, and then Associate Dean for Research, Development and Advanced Academic Programs. At ASU, she served as Dean of the School of Educational Innovation and Teacher Preparation before assessing her current position in February 2009. Greenes has authored more than 70 articles and 300 books and programs for students in pre-kindergarten through Grade 12, for college students, and for teachers. Among those publications are "Groundworks: Algebraic Thinking," "Algebraic Readiness," "Problem Solving Think Tanks," and "Zupelz, a Game of Logical Reasoning." She was editor of the National Council of Teachers (NCTM) 2008 "Yearbook on Algebra and Algebraic Thinking in School Mathematics," member of the NCTM steering committee for the Navigations Series, and editor of the National Council of Supervisors of Mathematics (NCSM) "Monograph Series for Leaders in Mathematics Education."
- EdD, Mathematics Education, Boston University, 1970
- EdM, Mathematics Education, Boston University, 1965
- BA, English, University of Michigan-Ann Arbor, 1962