From Arizona State University, the nation’s Top University for Innovation, and the City of Phoenix, the Top Performing City overall by Governing and Living Cities, The RISN Incubator is a niche business accelerator for entrepreneurs in the early stages of waste-to-product innovation with the goal of moving a Circular Economy in the Phoenix area forward further and faster.
The RISN Incubator offers ventures an opportunity to rapidly scale and transform your startup into a vehicle to solve some of the world’s greatest challenges. The RISN Incubator helps you TEST your concepts, BUILD your company and SCALE to market.
The RISN Incubator provides:
- dedicated expert mentors to guide advancement.
- unmatched strategic advisement.
- introductions to industry stakeholders.
- access to technical experts in the field of material reuse, technology and the circular economy.
- business trainings on topics related to building a cost and revenue model, operations, value proposition, understanding your customers and more.
- waste from the City of Phoenix for use in the development, testing and activation of a product or service.
- a process for entrepreneurs and their ventures to be continuously evaluated and pre-qualified for funding opportunities.
The Review Process:
- Submissions are reviewed by RISN Incubator staff and a selection committee comprised of circular economy entrepreneurship and innovation experts, investors, ASU faculty, technical experts and more.
- Early stage ventures may be invited to participate in a Design Challenge, with the winner(s) invited to join the RISN Incubator. Promising startup companies that are further along may be invited to join the RISN Incubator directly. Interviews may be requested at any time during the review process.
- All submissions are provided feedback.
Design ChallengesThe RISN Incubator wants ventures to succeed and this development program exists to continue on a path towards success.
Design HacksRISN Incubator is excited to announce Trash Hack – Redesigning the future of plastics. Trash Hack is a new type of hackathon aimed at finding new and innovative solutions to reduce, repurpose, recycle, and design out solid waste in the City of Phoenix. The first Trash Hack is Sept. 29-Oct. 1, 2017.
About the Incubator:
The RISN Incubator is the latest program of the Resource Innovation and Solutions Network – or RISN, a collaboration between Arizona State University and the City of Phoenix. RISN was initially created to generate value, economic opportunity and jobs from the resources available in the waste stream.
The RISN Incubator is funded by:
- U.S. Economic Development Administration
- City of Phoenix
- ASU Rob and Melani Walton Sustainability Solutions Initiatives
- ASU Entrepreneurship+Innovation
For more information about how the RISN Incubator can help to move your idea forward, email email@example.com or call 480-727-RISN.