- Senior Sustainability Scientist, Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability
- Professor, Hugh Downs School of Human Communication, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
Pauline Hope Cheong studies the complex interactions between communication technologies and different cultural communities around the world, including digital divides and innovations in pedagogy, human and machine knowledge. She has led multidisciplinary research projects on non-profit organizing, faith and culture, including ways in which religious groups are using digital applications to reconfigure their work, authority practices, well-being, and environmental conservation.
Cheong has published more than 80 articles and books and has received research awards by the National Communication Association, Western Communication Association, and the International Communication Association. She is also the recipient of multiple teaching awards, including the Zebulon Pearce Distinguished Teaching Award in the Social Sciences, the highest teaching honor in the College of Liberal Arts & Sciences at ASU.
- PhD, Annenberg School for Communication, University of Southern California, 2004
- MA, Annenberg School of Communication, University of Southern California, 2003
- BA, School of Communication and Information, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, 2000