PhD Student, Sustainability, School of Sustainability
School of Sustainability
Arizona State University
PO Box 875502
Tempe, AZ 85287-5502
- PhD Student, Sustainability, School of Sustainability
Neda is currently exploring the research topic of self-care for leaders and change makers. Her work sits at the intersection of creative expression, nature-based therapy, and reflective practices. She also sits on the board of Arizona Interfaith Power & Light, an organization focused on spiritual responses to climate change. She's the new Vice President for the ASU Mindfulness Community and will be facilitating meditations on Tempe campus.
Teaching Assistant Experience
- SOS 110 Sustainable World
- SOS 322 International Development & Sustainability
Research Assistant Experience
- Collaborative Governance for Ecosystem Stewardship and Social Transformation; Dr. Michael Schoon; 2015 (ASU)
- Science to Justice: Framing Shifts in Climate Change Activism; Dr. Jennifer Hadden; 2012 (UMD)
- Spoken Languages:
- Farsi (native/bilingual); Spanish (conversational)
- MA, Sustainability, Arizona State University, 2016
- BS, Environmental Science and Policy (minors in international development & conflict management; global policy), University of Maryland-College Park, 2014
- Certificate, Multi-Track Diplomacy and Conflict Transformation, University of Maryland, 2012
Movahed, N. Y. 2017. Nurturing the nurturing mother: A method to assess the interdependence of human and planetary health through community well-being. Pp. 61-82 In: Kraeger, P., S. Cloutier and C. Talmage eds., New Dimensions in Community Well-Being. Springer International Publishing AG. ISBN: 978-3-319-55407-5.
Movahed, N. Y. 2016. Jedi Training 101: Self-love to cultivate the force. Presentation at the Ignite@ASU, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ. (link )
Movahed, N. Y. 2016. Living in balance: Exploring multi-dimensional community well-being. Presentation at the International Society for the Study of Religion, Nature, and Culture 2016 Conference, January 14-17, 2016, Gainesville, FL.
Movahed, N. Y. 2016. Self exploration for sustainability realising potentials: Art-based sustainability science. Presentation at the Invited artist, Barcelona, Spain. (link )
Movahed, N. Y. 2015. Living in balance: Exploring the interdependence of human & planetary health through community well-being. Presentation at the International Society for Quality of Life Studies Annual Conference, Phoenix, AZ.
Movahed, N. Y. 2015. Utilize a resource or conserve our home: Bringing community well-being into the heart of participatory conservation. Presentation at the Integrated Network for Social Sustainability Conference, Tempe, AZ.