- Senior Sustainability Scientist, Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability
- Motorola Professor and Chair, Department of Supply Chain Management, W. P. Carey School of Business
Dr. Fowler's research interests include modeling, analysis, and control of manufacturing and service systems. He is an author on over 70 journal publications, 100 conference papers, and 10 book chapters. He holds editorships of several prestigious journals and serves on the Editorial Board for the Journal of Simulation. He is a Fellow of the Institute of Industrial Engineers, the INFORMS Vice President for Chapters/For a, and is on the Winter Simulation Conference Board of Directors.
- PhD, Industrial Engineering, Texas A&M University, 1990
- MS, Industrial Engineering, Texas A&M University, 1986
- BS, Industrial Engineering, Texas A&M University, 1982
Mohan, S., F. M. Alam, J. W. Fowler, M. Gopalakrishnan and A. Printezis. 2014. Capacity planning and allocation for web-based applications. Decision Sciences 45(3):535-567. DOI: 10.1111/deci.12079. (link )