- Senior Sustainability Scientist, Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability
- Professor, School of Computing, Informatics and Decision Systems Engineering, Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering
Dr. Liu's research and teaching focuses on machine learning (ensemble methods, active learning, rule extraction, feature selection and discretization, subspace clustering), data mining (data quality and integration, stream data reduction, bioinformatics, algorithm scaling-up) and real world applications (CRM, Egeria detection in imagery, intelligent driving data analysis, recommender systems).
- PhD, University of Southern California, 1989
- MS, University of Southern California, 1985
- BEng, Shanghai Jiaotong University, 1983
Subramanya, S., C. Gries, K. Jacobs, W. Otte, R. Vasquez, J. Abraham, R. Aguilar, J. McGill and H. Liu. 2008. Arizona Hydrologic Information System: Enhanced data accessibility using web services. Poster presented at 10 January 2008 CAP LTER 10th Annual Poster Symposium, Global Institute of Sustainability, Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ. (link )
Grossman-Clarke, S., J. A. Zehnder, H. Liu and J. D. Fast. 2005. Testing a planetary boundary layer schema in MMS for the Phoenix metropolitan region. Poster presented at the 19 January 2005 CAP LTER Seventh Annual Poster Symposium. International Institute for Sustainability, Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona. (link )