- Senior Sustainability Fellow, Global Institute of Sustainability and Innovation
- Emeritus Professor, School of Sustainable Engineering and the Built Environment, Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering
- Director, Graduate Studies, School of Sustainable Engineering and the Built Environment, Ira A. Fulton Schools of Engineering
Howard Bashford owned and operated an engineering consulting firm for 19 years and a construction development company for 8 years before coming to the Del E. Webb School of Construction (DEWSC) in 1991. He has been a faculty member ever since, spending two years at Brigham Young University and the remainder of the time at DEWSC.
Bashford has served as Director of the Graduate Program since 1997. He has also worked with Drs. Walsh and Sawhney of DEWSC to develop a collaborative research program focused upon residential construction. This has lead to the development of the Arizona Partnership for Advancing Technology in Homebuilding (AzPath), a partnership with five local home builders, National Science Foundation, and the US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD). Bashford is also the director of the Housing Research Institute (HRI) at ASU.
Bashford also heads the Master of Real Estate Development (MRED) program at DEWSC. This accelerated program is part of a university-wide transdisciplinary degree, collaborating with the schools of design, law and business at Arizona State University.
- PhD, Civil Engineering, Brigham Young University, 1984
- MS, Civil Engineering, University of Wyoming, 1969
- BS, Civil Engineering, University of Wyoming, 1967