President, The KAITEKI Institute
- President, The KAITEKI Institute
- Vice President, The Electrochemical Society of Japan
- Member, International Advisory Committee of the International Conference “Advanced Carbon NanoStructures”
- Part-time Lecture, The University of Tokyo
- Past Lecturer, Waseda University and Tokyo Institute of Technology
Hideki Murayama received his Ph.D in Engineering from the University of Tokyo in 1986, and then joined Mitsubishi Chemical Industries Limited (currently Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation: MCC). He was named General Manager of MCC Hard Disk Development Center/Mizushima Plant in 1998, and in 2002, he became General Manager of Frontier Carbon Corporation Research & Development Center. After that, he became General Manager of Inorganic & Composite Materials Development Center of Mitsubishi Plastics, Inc. (MPI) in 2011, General Manager of Fundamentals R&D Center of MPI in 2013, and Executive Officer of MCC and President and Chief Executive Officer of Mitsubishi Chemical Group Science and Technology Research Center, Inc. (MCRC) in 2014. In 2016, Dr. Murayama became General Manager of R&D Strategy Dept., Corporate Strategy Div., Executive Officer of MCC, and General Manager of R&D Strategy Office, Executive Officer of Mitsubishi Chemical Holdings Corp. (MCHC). In 2017, he became Managing Executive Officer, CTO of MCC and assumed the current position as President of TKI, and as Chairman of the Advisory Board on April 1, 2018.