Sustainability After School: Salary Negotiation Workshop
- Equity & Inclusion Manager, City of Tempe
THIS EVENT IS CURRENTLY POSTPONED
Jonae brings over seventeen years of legal and policy experience in government, non-profit, corporate and private practice. She is the Equity and Inclusion Manager for the city of Tempe, focusing on both internal and external initiatives and policies. Prior to joining the city of Tempe, Jonae was the Director of Equity and Special Finance Services for Chicanos Por La Causa (CPLC). At CPLC, Jonae designed and implemented a program division for leveraging new federal tax legislation (Opportunity Zones) with the goal of promoting social good in the community.
Jonae has a Bachelor of Science in Languages – double major in Spanish and English – from Georgetown University and a Doctor of Jurisprudence from Tulane University. She also attended Pontificia Universidad Católica Madre y Maestra in the Dominican Republic.
Jonae is passionate about making waves in the desert together!
- Understand the gender wage gap, including its causes and effects
- Be able to identify the steps of salary and benefits negotiation
- Develop a budget and a target salary and benefits package
- Practice negotiation strategies and techniques in role-play exercises
- Feel confident in your ability to negotiate salary and benefits packages
This event is open to current School of Sustainability students and alumni. A light breakfast will be provided.