You're Not the Boss of Me
- Director of Behavioral and Human Dimensions
- American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy
- Professor of Practice, School of Sustainability and
- Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Director/Producer, Carbon Nation™
Behavioral science offers many tempting tools to "change" how people act--but should we always use them?
This conversation will explore the many moral dilemmas posed when we seek to "fix" other people.
Mazur-Stommen conducts qualitative research on behavior change and energy usage. Before joining ACEEE in 2011, she worked as an adjunct professor in the Cal State system and ran her own consulting firm, Indicia Consulting, doing ethnographic research for the Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory on cool-roof retrofit rebates, among other clients. Mazur-Stommen holds a MA and PhD in cultural anthropology from the University of California, Riverside.