Sustainable Summer: Coping with Phoenix Heat – Past, Present, and Future
- Professor Emeritus, School of Geographical Sciences and Urban Planning
- Former Arizona State Climatologist
- Project Manager, Energize Phoenix
- Former Director, National Board, U.S. Green Building Council
- Executive Director, Valley Permaculture Alliance
- Master Gardener, Down 2 Earth Gardens
- Architect, Salazar Associates Architects Ltd.
- Winner, Valley Forward Environmental Excellence Award, 2010
- Associate Professor, School of Historical, Philosophical, and Religious Studies
- Author, Desert Visions and the Making of Phoenix
Hot enough for you? Join a team of experts to learn how to make your home and garden a cooler, more energy- and water-efficient oasis during the long, hot Arizona summer. Discover what the climate was like for past generations of Arizonans, what shapes it now, and what the future holds. Find out how people used to deal with the summer heat in days gone by and explore ideas for the perfect Valley of the Sun home of tomorrow.
12:00 - 1:30 p.m.