Food Systems: Sustainability and Opportunities
- Manager, Tempe Milk Plant, Safeway
- Supervisor, Tempe Distribution Center, Safeway
- Manager, Tempe Plant, Coca-Cola Bottling Company of Phoenix
- Glendale Warehouse Co-Manager, Coca-Cola Bottling Company of Phoenix
- Assistant Professor, Healthy Lifestyles Research Center, ASU School of Nutrition and Health Promotion
The U.S. food system, from field to table, is at a crossroads for change. Improving the sustainability of this complex system requires a thorough understanding of the relationships between food consumption behaviors, processing and distribution activities, and agricultural production practices.
These local experts from Safeway and Coca-Cola will discuss sustainability practices at their companies, what they see for the future of sustainability and sustainability occupations in the food systems industry, along with the economic, social, and environmental influences that impact the sustainability of food systems.
Christopher Wharton from ASU's School of Nutrition and Health Promotion will facilitate the discussion.
4:30 - 6:30 p.m.