Food for Thought Series
- President, The Radicles, Arizona State University
- Vice President and Founder, The Radicles, Arizona State University
- Educator, Native Seeds/SEARCH
- Community Garden Coordinator, Native Health
- Farm to Table Manager and Executive Chef, Fuerza Local Community Kitchen
- Program Manager, University Sustainability Practices
Food for Thought is a monthly interactive seminar series organized by students from the Tempe student Food Group and the Polytech Radicles club and sponsored by the Swette Center for Sustainable Food Systems. Hosted at ASU’s Tempe, Polytechnic and Downtown campuses, these seminars aim to build a community of students, faculty, staff, and others from across the region working on food system sustainability issues. In these collaborative sessions, we will share new knowledge and engage in hands-on activities to put this knowledge into action.
Presentations & Lunch
Emma Weiss and Lisa Ketchum - "A Little Dirt Never Hurt - When Formal Education Meets the Real World"
Melissa Kruse-Peeples - "Native Health Community Garden Project"
Gabe Gardner, Emma Weiss, and Lisa Ketchum - "Help Wanted - Revitalizing the Mesa Garden"
Followed by a tour of the Garden Commons, ASU Polytechnic by Susan Norton.
Lunch will be provided! Pre-registration is requested.
Paid parking is available in Lot 10.
12:30 - 2:30 p.m.