COVID-19 and Democracy:
Can Parliaments Come to the Rescue?
Can parliaments learn from the past six months to become stronger and more effective institutions that impose checks and balances on executive powers to better serve the people? Join a panel of international leaders in a robust discussion, hosted on the International Day of Democracy.
• Gabriela Cuevas Barron, President, Inter-Parliamentary Union
• Xiye Bastida, Activist and Co-Founder, Re-Earth Initiative
• Craig Calhoun, University Professor, Arizona State University
• Andreas Norlén, Speaker of the Riksdag (Swedish Parliament)
• Ghassan Salamé, Founding Dean, Paris School for International Affairs
Co-hosted by the Inter-Parliamentary Union.
Moderated by Ravi Agrawal, managing editor of Foreign Policy. Special presentation by Michelle Bachelet, United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights.
Once you register for the event, a zoom link will be emailed with your registration confirmation.
8:00 to 9:30 a.m.