Cities on the Leading Edge of Resilience Webinar
Lauren Withycombe Keeler
- Assistant Professor, School for the Future of Innovation in Society, Arizona State University
- Leadership in Community Resilience, National League of Cities
- Sustainability Manager, City of Tempe, Arizona
- Senior Sustainability Fellow, Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability, Arizona State University
- Program Director, Sustainable Cities Institute, National League of Cities
The private sector and all levels of government are embracing resilience as a holistic, proactive framework to reduce risk, improve services, adapt to changing conditions, and empower citizens. In 2016, the National League of Cities (NLC) launched a Leadership in Community Resilience program to help elected officials, city staff, and community partners share their experiences and advance local resilience efforts. The pilot initiative is providing technical assistance and professional development opportunities for 10 cities by supporting local resilience initiatives that have been prioritized by each city. This webinar, hosted by Arizona State University and NLC, will spotlight several cities and share their process for planning, building engagement, and implementing resilience initiatives with limited resources.
More information may be read here.
1:15 - 2:45 p.m. EDT (10:15 - 11:45 a.m. AZ)