Beyond the Norm: Climate Action and Resilience Planning in Arizona
Fátima Luna (moderator)
- Environmental and Sustainability Advisor at City of Tucson
- Coalitions and Trainings Director at CHISPA Arizona
- CEO and Co-Founder of TigerMountain Foundation
- Architectural Designer at ASU Indigenous Design Collaborative
- Co-Founder and Lead Instructor of Design Empowerment PHX, A Program of the Sagrado Galleria
- Organizer with Arizona Youth Climate Coalition
In this panel, we will build upon the conversation from our 10/14 panel, titled “Beyond the Norm: Climate Action and Resilience Planning Across the U.S.”, where we discussed USDN’s process-based approach that is turning traditional planning efforts on their heads to reshape how governments approach planning.
To shift historical power dynamics and create equitable systems of governance, policy development and implementation should be based on the communities’ lived experiences and actively give ownership to them.
Arizona community organization leaders will lead this panel discussion to continue building the momentum towards a regional network that unifies calls for transformative, inclusive, and intersectional justice in our institutions.
The Series is co-sponsored by the Sustainable Cities Network and the City of Tempe’s Office of Sustainability with support from the School of Sustainability and the Center for Emergency Management and Homeland Security.
11:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m. (MST)