AZ ECO Fashion Week: Panel Discussion
- Principal, S2 Consulting, LLC
- Chair of Environmental Quality and Sustainability Commission, City of Phoenix
- Technical Development Manager of Clothing, Footwear, and Textiles, The Sustainability Consortium
- Co-Founder & Chief Product Officer, StyleHacks
- Former Director of Innovation at Intel
Laura Tanzer (Moderator)
- Sustainable Fashion Designer, Laura Tanzer Designs
Join us for an expert panel discussion on sustainability issues and solutions in the fashion and textile related industries.
This event is a part of Arizona Eco Fashion Week, from April 22-27, where sustainable Arizona fashion brands and experts will unite for a week of education, engagement and entertainment exploring eco fashion, slow fashion and sustainability in the business of fashion.
"According to Fashion Revolution, 150 billion items of clothing are delivered out of factories annually yet Americans alone throw away approximately 14 million tons of garments each year. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, 84 percent of unwanted clothes in the United States in 2015 went into either a landfill or an incinerator. The fashion industry is the second most polluting industry on the planet after the oil industry and the human toll as a result of unregulated factory conditions and unfair wages is equivalent to modern day slavery."
This event is organized by Arizona Apparel Foundation, LabelHorde, AZ Fashion Source and Arizona State University's Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability.
Light refreshments will be served.
View more ASU Wrigley Institute Earth Month events.
6:00 - 8:00 p.m.