2012 Building Healthy Lifestyles Conference
Changing Environments, Shaping Lives
The School of Nutrition and Health Promotion will host the 2012 Building Healthy Lifestyles Conference, "Changing Environments, Shaping Lives." The conference will highlight and examine the scientific evidence on the importance of food sustainability and the impact of built environments on physical activity and food choices. Confirmed speakers include:
- Janet Poppendieck, author of Free for All: Fixing School Food in America, will discuss the sustainability of school lunches.
- Michele Simon, a public health lawyer and author of Appetite for Profit, will discuss how industry affects the food environment.
School of Nutrition and Health Promotion faculty and topics that they will present at the conference include:
- Chris Wharton - food environment
- Punam Ohri-Vachaspati - food policy
- Steve Hooker - walkable livable communities
- Eric Heckler and Matt Buman - how technology can be used in the built environment to promote physical activity.
Registration at 12:00 p.m.
Saturday, February 18, 2012