Sustainability Series speakers discuss a range of environmental, social, and economic topics at these events, sponsored or co-sponsored by the Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability and Innovation.
Felicia French (Moderator)
- US Army Veteran; MS in Sustainable Solutions
- US Navy Veteran; Energy and Sustainability Student; Student Outreach Ambassador, ASU's Pat Tillman Veterans Center
- US Marine Corps Veteran; Sustainability | Business Development, ASU LightWorks
- US Marine Corps Veteran; Marine Corps Installation Modernization Liaison, Energetics Technology Center
Join us at this virtual "Salute to Service" event, celebrating ASU students and alumni who have served in the military.
Chris Boone, dean of the College of Global Futures, will present the College's first-ever "Salute to Service Award" to a distinguished alumnus of the School of Sustainability.
In this virtual panel discussion...
Shalanda H. Baker
- Professor of Law, Public Policy and Urban Affairs, Northeastern University
Shalanda Baker is the co-director and co-founder of the Initiative for Energy Justice at Northeastern University.
Her book, Revolutionary Power, is a playbook for the energy transformation, complete with a step-by-step analysis of energy policy areas that are ripe for intervention. Baker argues that people of...
- Senior Director, NAACP Environmental and Climate Justice Program
Prior to her role in the NAACP, Jacqueline Patterson served as coordinator and co-founder of Women of Color United. She has worked as a researcher, program manager, coordinator, advocate and activist working on women‘s rights, violence against women, HIV & AIDS, racial justice, as well as economic, environmental,...
- Environmental Historian
Join environmental historian and activist Paul Hirt as he takes a look back through the history of the environmental movement.
Hirt came to ASU in 2004 but has lived in Arizona for over 30 years. In both his professional and personal life, he promotes sustainable water management, renewable energy,...