8:30 a.m. -Registration
9:00 a.m. -Event Begins
5:00 p.m. -Event Ends, CAPpy Hour @ Bitters
- Professor, Chinese Academy of Sciences
The Central Arizona-Phoenix Long-Term Ecological Research Program (CAP LTER) will be holding its 20th Annual Poster Symposium and All Scientists Meeting at ASU's SkySong facility in Scottsdale. Weiqi Zhou, Professor in the State Key Laboratory of Urban and Regional Ecology, Research Center for Eco-Environmental Sciences, at the Chinese Academy of...
- Professor and Associate Dean, Dept. of Biology, College of Science, University of Utah
8:00 am - Registration, coffee, and tea
8:30 am - State of the CAP LTER Site Address
Dan Childers, Director, CAP LTER and Professor, School of Sustainability
8:50 am - Keynote presentation
"Ecology for Cities" in Salt Lake City and Los Angeles Through the Lens of Ecological Planning and Design
- Associate Professor, Mathematics and Natural Sciences Division, ASU West campus
- Assistant Research Professor, Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability, ASU Tempe campus
- Associate Professor, School of Earth and Space Exploration, ASU Tempe campus
- Associate Professor, School of Human Evolution and Social Change, ASU Tempe campus
- Graduate Research Assistant; School of Geographical Sciences and Urban Planning, ASU Tempe campus
- Education Project Coordinator, Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability, ASU Tempe campus
- CAP3 Director and Professor, School of Life Sciences, ASU Tempe campus
- CAP4 Director and Professor, School of Sustainability, ASU Tempe campus
Join us for your first CAP LTER Community Meeting of the year!
Featuring some of our terrific scientists updating us on CAP LTER research.
Becky Ball - Survey 200 Soil Analyses
David Iwaniec - Future Scenarios
Hilairy Hartnett - Tempe Town Lake and Haboobs
Abby York - Phoenix Area Social Survey (PASS)
Riley Andrade - Birds,...
- Keynote Speaker
- Professor, City University of New York Advanced Science Research Center and Brooklyn College
8:00 a.m. Registration, coffee, and tea
8:40 a.m. Keynote presentation: Baltimore, Phoenix and the Emergence of Long-Term Ecological Research in Cities — Peter Groffman, Professor, City University of New York Advanced Science Research Center and Brooklyn College
9:40 a.m. Recent Work by CAP’s Affiliated Programs and Partners
11:00 a.m. Poster Session #1
All content of events presented at Arizona State University is protected by © Copyright Arizona Board of Regents. Video and/or audio recording or rebroadcasting of our events by anyone without express prior written permission is prohibited. If you obtain prior permission to record or rebroadcast an event, you must provide us, no later than 24 hours prior to the event, copies of signed photo/audio releases from all of the presenters and/or individuals who will be recorded at the event. Failure to do so will result in a revocation of any permission to record or rebroadcast the event.
Please plan to request permission to record well in advance of the event so that you have time to get your release forms signed and submitted to us no later than 24 hours prior to the event.
To request permission to record an event, please contact our Events Team at email@example.com or 480-965-8840.