Osha Gray Davidson
- Award-winning Photographer and Journalist
The Central Arizona Conservation Alliance (CAZCA) invites you to explore the power of photography for advocacy and conservation. Learn about the lands and water above the largest copper deposit in North America (outside Superior, AZ). Plans for mining this region could impact sacred Native American cultural sites, water...
- Professor Emeritus, Development Economics and Environmental Science, University of Pune, India
- Chairman, Gomukh Environmental Trust for Sustainable Development
Vijay Paranjpye's career has focused on social, economic and ecological impacts of development, water-resource planning. A keen mountaineer, he is deeply involved in advocacy and public interest litigation for nature conservation.
The Indus River Valley supplies water for one-third of the population living in Tibet (China), Pakistan, parts of Afghanistan,...
Oscar® nominated Waste Land follows renowned artist Vik Muniz as he journeys from his home base in Brooklyn to his native Brazil and the world's largest garbage dump, Jardim Gramacho, located on the outskirts of Rio de Janeiro. Together with people employed to pick out recyclable material...
- Co-founder, Arizona Microgreens
Arizona Microgreens, founded by brothers Joseph Martinez and David Redwood, produces organically-grown microgreens for individuals and restaurants throughout Arizona. Located within the greenhouse at the Brooks Community School, Arizona Microgreens operates as a social enterprise that creates employment opportunities for the local community and contributes to the financial...
- Co-founder, Arizona Microgreens
In addition to the Urban Garden Talk with Arizona Microgreens, we will offer a tour of the greenhouse where the microgreens are produced. Microgreens are vegetables and herbs grown for just a few weeks, and Arizona Microgreens uses an organic and natural process on their crops. The microgreens...
In Racing Extinction, a team of artists and activists expose the hidden world of extinction with never-before-seen images that will change the way we see the planet. Using covert tactics and state-of-the-art technology, the Racing Extinction team exposes these two worlds in an inspiring affirmation to preserve life as we...
The Program on Law and Sustainability at the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law is pleased to announce the Third Annual Sustainability Conference of American Legal Educators, to be held at the Beus Center for Law and Society, new home of the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law in Phoenix,...
The following students will present their Culminating Experience Projects:
- Kai Wang: SRP Waste Management Project.
- Soumya Parthasarathy: Construction and Demolition Waste and Impact.
- Alyssa Kiefer: Community and Composting in Victory Acres.
- Nagelle Fernandes: Stern Produce: Sustainability Assessment and Performance Reporting.
- Jeffrey Iles: How is E-procurement Related to the Success of U.S. Cities’ Sustainable Purchasing Policies?
Join us for the screening of four short films focusing on regenerative farming in Arizona created by students from the School of Sustainability and Walter Cronkite School of Journalism and Mass Communication, under the direction of Sustainability Scientist and director of Carbon Nation, Peter Byck.
How Astrobiology and Exploration Inform a Perspective of Planetary Stewardship
The Origins Project at Arizona State University and ASU PlanetWorks are proud to present a public discussion of how space exploration, planetary science and astrobiology - the search for life in the universe - inform our perspective of Earth as a planet, and how to manage...
- Sustainability Consultant & Partner at BetR-blok, LLC
- Assistant Professor, School of Sustainability
- Assistant Professor, School of Geographical Sciences and Urban Planning, College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Associate Professor, School of Public Affairs, College of Public Service & Community Solutions
In this talk, Christopher Frettoloso will introduce BetR-Blok, LLC, an alternative building material that is affordable and sustainable, as well discuss the benefits and barriers for industry acceptance. In addition, experts Scott Cloutier, Deirdre Pfeiffer, and Joanna Lucio will offer...
- Former President, Shell Oil Company; Former Group Director Human Resources, Royal Dutch Shell; Distinguished Sustainability Fellow, Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability
John Hofmeister is a business leader who has participated in the inner workings of multiple industries for over 35 years. He retired from Shell Oil Company in 2008 to found and head the nationwide nonprofit group, Citizens for Affordable Energy. This public-policy education firm promotes sound energy...
Amanda (Toohey) Jordan
The following students will be presenting their Culminating Experience Projects.
- Daniel Velez: Compost Competition.
- Andrea Levy: Sole Purpose Flip Flops: Exploring Alternative Business Models and Sustainable Supply Chain Options.
- Kyrie Hooton: The Happiness Incubator: Using Transformational Sustainable Entrepreneurship to Merge Sustainability, Community Development, and Happiness.
- Amanda (Toohey) Jordan: An Intervention Manual for Implementing Water...
- President and CEO, Humane Society of the United States
Wayne Pacelle leads the nation’s largest and most effective animal-protection organization. He has helped pass more than 1,000 state laws to advance the organization’s mission and negotiated agreements with dozens of the nation’s biggest corporations from McDonald’s to Armani. Pacelle is a New York Times bestselling author who...
Celebrate Earth Day 2017 by helping to restore walking and hiking trails on "A" Mountain, Tempe's only preserve. Let's walk the talk and give back to the Mountain we love too well!
Where to Meet: South side of the old Hayden Flour Mill, just north of Tempe Mission Palms. Muffins...
All content of events presented at Arizona State University is protected by © Copyright Arizona Board of Regents. Video and/or audio recording or rebroadcasting of our events by anyone without express prior written permission is prohibited. If you obtain prior permission to record or rebroadcast an event, you must provide us, no later than 24 hours prior to the event, copies of signed photo/audio releases from all of the presenters and/or individuals who will be recorded at the event. Failure to do so will result in a revocation of any permission to record or rebroadcast the event.
Please plan to request permission to record well in advance of the event so that you have time to get your release forms signed and submitted to us no later than 24 hours prior to the event.
To request permission to record an event, please contact our Events Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or 480-965-8840.