School of Sustainability
Arizona State University’s School of Sustainability is the first of its kind: a comprehensive degree-granting program with a transdisciplinary focus on finding real-world solutions to environmental, economic and social challenges.
The School of Sustainability, within the Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability, offers graduate and undergraduate degrees in sustainability.
The Institute provides hands-on research training and brings sustainability education into local K-12 classrooms. Students across the university can study and earn minors and concentrations in sustainability.
Sustainability Education at ASU
Degree programs with a focus in sustainability studies continue to evolve across the university, bridging disciplines and educating leaders.
K-12 partnerships with educators and communities bring sustainability education to schools. Students and teachers learn as they participate in real scientific research in cooperation with Arizona State University.
Hands-On Student Experience
The Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability offers graduate and undergraduate research opportunities that integrate knowledge from a variety of academic disciplines and support faculty research.
Custom Programs for Organizations
To meet the “triple bottom line” – people, planet and profit – sustainability must be integrated into an organization’s operations and culture. Whether you need to educate a small core of executives in a multi-day retreat, or train hundreds of employees through an online course, ASU’s School of Sustainability has the ability to deliver a custom program for maximum impact.
Drawing upon our proven ability to work with business, government, nongovernmental organizations, foundations and other universities throughout the world, we can develop and deliver custom executive education programs that advance your organizational sustainability goals.
- Programs range from hour-long modules to multi-day instruction on specific sustainability issues.
- In-person training can be delivered on any ASU campus, in Washington D.C., or at your location..
- Online training can be delivered through ASU’s online learning platform or your own internal system.
- Faculty from ASU’s 400+ Sustainability Scientists, Scholars and Fellows , leaders from your organization, and outside experts can all be included in your agenda.
- Each program includes expert assessment and instructional design on the front end, as well as in-depth evaluation after it has concluded, so you can measure the sustainability advancements in your organization.
A Recent ASU Custom Education Success: The World Bank Group & International Finance Corporation
In 2015, the School of Sustainability partnered with the World Bank Group to design a three-day City Climate Planner Certification workshop, a “how-to” on inventorying sources of greenhouse gas emissions. The training – led by Raj Buch, practice lead for the Walton Global Sustainability Solutions Services – helped attendees determine where emissions cuts are most needed.
Twenty-one city officials attended, from countries including Argentina, India, South Africa, Korea, Bolivia, China and Bangladesh. All of them were clients of World Bank, an organization that mainly finances Third World infrastructure projects and is concerned about the effects climate change will have on them.
The Bank has plans to convert the live workshop into an online format, as well.
Advance your organization’s sustainability knowledge in:
- Energy and Alternative Energy Systems
- Materials and Technology
- Sustainable Business Practices
- Biodiversity and Ecosystems
- Sustainable International Development
- Water Quality, Use and Supply
- Food Systems
- Climate Change
- Policy and Governance
- Sustainable Buildings
- Supply Chain
Build your custom education program at ASU’s School of Sustainability, the first and best in the nation
School of Sustainability experts will assist in tailoring a program to your organization’s specific sustainability goals. To learn more please contact us by filling out the form below.